The Product Engineer will be responsible for designing new consumer drinkware products, accessories, and adaptations of existing products. This role will actively support the product development process through the research of new materials, processes, and suppliers. The Product Engineer must be enthusiastic about product development, highly responsible, collaborative, and self-motivated.
- Develop products from concept to reality following Phase-Gate process
- Follow Design FMEA, Process FMEA & DfMA
- Prepare 3D CAD models, 2D engineering drawings & 3D Printed Prototypes
- Investigate new material, process & equipment to enhance product performance and reduce cost
- Keep total product cost under target
- Work with supplier on Mold design, development and maintenance
- Develop project capital cost requirements
- Perform Thermal Analysis, Mold Flow Analysis & Finite Element Analysis
- Design fixtures for in-house manufacturing/assembly process
- Understand Supplier and in-house equipment’s dimensional tolerance
- Develop verification and validation test plans
- Maintain Solidworks PDM & Change order process
- Manages and controls Bills of Materials
- Ensures drawings and specifications are correct and up to date
- Change and improve designs to meet manufacturing requirements with consideration to customer and quality needs
- Assure determination, specifications, and use of proper materials in product design and testing for compliance with related food contact and consumer safety requirements
- Perform competitor product analysis
- Lead and participate in cross functional teams and groups as required.
- Management of Tervis Patent database, including working with assigned Patent Attorney for all Patents
- Perform other work-related assignments and duties as necessary
- Work in open office environment.
Other duties and responsibilities:
This job description does not list all job duties. Occasionally supervisors or managers may ask you to perform other duties. Performance is measured against the tasks listed in this job description and these other duties.
Management has the right to revise the job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.