Tervis is a 72-year old company with a loyal customer base who love our made-in-America, lifestyle drinkware. We carefully select the best possible locations for our colorful, contemporary stores, which now stretch from coast to coast.
Do you have what it takes to work for Tervis?
If you are an energetic, experienced store manager with the ability to connect with customers, grow our fan base, and create a fun working environment, come join the Tervis team. Must take pride in maintaining outstanding visual and merchandising standards and have a successful track record of meeting sales goals. Demonstrated sound business judgment and positive outlook required.
Medical, dental, life, 401(k), paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more
Achieves store performance objectives and directs day-to-day operations. Helps develop new business opportunities to increase brand awareness and sales. Partners with the Regional Director and the Retail Operations Manager on all aspects of the business.
- Drive store sales; manage and motivate sales team to exceed targets and increase same store sales.
- Train sales team in Tervis history, product mix, and custom order requirements.
- Ensure all Tervis policies and procedures are followed.
- Maintain records of sales data and bank deposits and respond promptly to bank and accounting inquiries.
- Increase profitability by managing margins and controllable expenses.
- Assist on sales floor and provide customer service as needed.
- Promote corporate sales and track all employee incentive sales.
- Increase personalization, customyzer, and special orders as a percentage of store sales.
- Resolve to customer issues quickly and effectively.
- Review daily closing reports, compare to accounting to ensure accuracy.
- Utilize Tervis SMILE program of suggestive selling/up selling techniques and coach employees on these techniques.
- Educate customers on Tervis Made for Life defective return policy & procedures; react to customer service issues appropriately.
- Interview, hire, evaluate, and train staff.
- Ensure quality, customer service, health, safety, legal, mall, and security standards are met.
- Coach and counsel staff, document performance issues, develops and implements improvement plans and monitor outcomes.
- Conduct 45, 90-day and annual employee performance reviews
- Schedule staff to achieve optimum coverage.
- Timely review, approval and submission of employee time records including holidays, PTO, tardies, and absences.
- Monitor inventory and control stock levels; coordinate with store buyer to plan seasonal inventory needs.
- Monitor refunds, no sales, and voids.
- Ensure discount reason codes are used properly, and provide feedback to corporate regarding effectiveness of promotions, POPs, and advertising.
- Represent Tervis in local community organizations i.e. the chamber of commerce; build relationships and share best practices with other local retailers.
- Identify and participate in community events, appropriate to the Tervis brand, to increase sales.
- Maintain store premises, grounds, and supplies in compliance with safety and housekeeping practices.
- Generate and develop new-customer businesses opportunities in order to increase revenue, through cold calling and marketing within your market.
- Determine, generate and capture sales outside our four walls. The main task involves finding customers and securing prospective non-member clienteles by telephone communication or by visiting. It is essential for the team to provide effectively the detailed information on various products, programs or services offered by the company.