*This position can be remote as long as the candidate is close to a major airport*
The Regional Manager will oversee a Region of 10-15 Tervis specialty retail stores. As a Regional Manager you are responsible for effective cross functional leadership in a collaborative environment. The Regional Manager is accountable for all facets of our retail business to include, but not limited to the following, positive sales and profit growth, generate new business within assigned markets, develop overall brand awareness within markets we serve, exceed customer service standards, improve productivity and efficiencies, control expenses to budgeted plan, reduce shrink, planning and development of new store openings, execute on operational and merchandise initiatives, responsibility for P&L results. The Regional Manager will be required to identify, coach and develop talent through proactive succession planning.
- Multi Store management. Ensures stores are following guidelines, providing excellent customer service and maximizing their revenue and profitability goals.
- Assures compliance with legal and lease related requirements.
- Ensures that stores are staffed properly, motivates and encourages employees, counsels throughout hiring/training/termination process.
- Controls costs by ensuring that wage percentage is within goal, product profit margins are managed as planned and by avoiding unnecessary expense
- Recommends and project manages plans of action for marketing and merchandising for each individual location. Suggests appropriate product ideas for each location.
- Is on call during nights and weekends in case of emergency or urgent requests
- Communicates clearly and often within Region and Corporate office to ensure productivity and accuracy
- Provides Store Managers and employees with coaching and suggests potential areas of development
- Identifies and Communicates problems, concerns and potential safety issues and takes action to improve them
Build and maintain good communication with all members of corporate offices, mall offices and other partner stores
Partner with Corporate to implement and maintain all merchandising directives; ensure execution of effective merchandising strategies in all locations
Assist in analysis of sales reports and data to determine the needs of the business and set business strategies with the Director of Stores
Creates and models an environment that promotes a working environment where employees and their ideas and input are welcome and valued.
- Manages approved special events and programs to increase sales in coordination with corporate
- Recognizes and shares excellent results within the Region and the rest of the Stores Group
- Ensures promotional programs within the store are performed when expected and as planned
- Assist during new store openings and setup
- Performs projects as assigned by Director of Stores